newbie just introducing myself

chimponastick

hmm just thought if i was buying a discovery to take the engine out of i might aswell fit the power steering aswell, althought i know i will need a defender column, plan is to fit 32x10.5 bfg muds and i have to park in some tight spaces so im sure it will all help.

hmmm not sure if i should show you what my other toy is yet

Get the cutting discs out and the welder, chop the disco up and drop the engine into the series, along with move the crossmember forward and dropping the power steering into place.

You could also convert the disco axles to mate up to the springs, les on her is in the process of doing it and I have a couple of mates who have done this, it makes a pleasany driving series, with period charm.

Not to everyone's taste but that's what landrover ownership is all about, make it your own and have a go, if you drop a bollock, you can always grind off and start again or replace that part of the chassis.

Good to see someone else in th 'pool with a series on the forum. Very nice looking motor, think you've got a lot less work on your hands than me. Like the idea of the tdi though. Have thought about it myself but haven't got the funds right now. Best of luck with your plans. Hope to see you around town soon.