Defender 110 Chassis Dimensions

Can somebody help me, please? I've got the Defender Parts Catalogue and the Defender Workshop Manual, and they both contain drawings of the Defender 110 chassis, with what appears to be a set of dimensions, but I can't, for the life of me, make out how the dimensions in the list tie-up with the drawing. Are the lists screwed up, or is there some obscure encryption applied? Where can I get a drawing and set of dimensions that are reasonably easy to understand, please?

Many thanks for all help, 'cos I'm done with head scratching!

Mike

Defender_110_Chassis.pdf

Some of that is definitely wrong. Measurement 15, which is the entire length of the chassis, is listed as 750.9mm, which is 2-feet :)

Measurement 16, which is from the rear spring mount centre to the rear crossmember, is the same measurement.

Some of the measurements are obviously correct though.

I think measurement 1 and 15 have been swapped over.

I think if you study the dimensions, then you could figure it all out eventually.

Les.

the measurements are wrong cos you have a 90 chassis diagram & 110 diemension sheet :rolleyes:

these are the correct sheets from my workshop manual

Western,

Many thanks for the correct Section 76, page 4. The sheets I put up are both for the 110 (I just rechecked my post), but if you look at my page 4, the labelled dimensions are totally different, and very wrong! The sheet you've supplied is correct. Many thanks, again.

Mike

Western,

Many thanks for the correct Section 76, page 4. The sheets I put up are both for the 110 (I just rechecked my post), but if you look at my page 4, the labelled dimensions are totally different, and very wrong! The sheet you've supplied is correct. Many thanks, again.

Mike

Western,

You comment made me look further, and the chassis diagram you sent me is page 2 in my manual, and it's labelld Defender 90. They've got the page headings screwed up. Anyway, many thanks for putting me right.

Mike

• 10 years later...
1 hour ago, western said:

The B pillar is part of & fixed to the lower sill of the body side frame & cannot move, the body dimensions are not in the workshop manual, I'll have a look in the body repair book I have. 

No measurements in my boddy repair book. suggest going by the video posted above.