Pipe Clips

Ivan

On my old Discovery I saw some pipe clips wich were used to hold the front to rear brake pipes to the chassis. They were a plastic pipe clip but, instead of having a stud at the back (to fit into a hole) they had a loop of plastic which you could thread a cable tie through. Anyone know what these are called or where to get them from ?

Otherwise any suggestions for fixing the new brake pipe to the rear of the axle ?

On another point, I am replacing the brake pipes on the 90 ready for an MOT. I noticed the rear offside bump stop bracket was rusted. A bit of a poke and the bracket disintegrated. Anyone know if you can just buy the brackets ? I don't mean the bump stop as this is fine. I mean the bracket on the chassis that the bump stop bolts to.

TIA

Ivan

There are a few options on the Car Builder Solutions website that may be adaptable, but I don't think they have exactly what you are after...

We had to replace the bump-stop bracket on a Range Rover a while ago. Had to bend a suitable off-cut of plate and drill the locating hole for the bumpstop when it was welded to the chassis. I hunted around at the time and there weren't any replacement parts available, but since then, Paddocks have been slowly introducing various brackets...

Can't say about the brackets...but for the pipe clips there was a rather large stand at Billing last year who was selling a pot full of black plastic attachments, clips and various holders for 3 quid a pot.

Does anyone know the name of the vendor? They would definatly have what you're after...I know because I bought a load of stuff from them.

They were next to a company selling Tough Dog suspension.....sorry I can't be any more use than that!

S.

I think that the ones you refer to might be electrical type ones Ivan, a square plastic moulding that sticks to the chassis by means of a sticky fixer or a screw and has stations for threading a cable tie to secure cable or pipes. Try an electrical factor.

Chris

Edit: A quick search brings these up.

Thank you for all the replies. Especially Tony thats looks exactly like the part. Obviously someone had used this iinstead of the proper pipe clips on my old Discovery. Looks like I'll have to ask my mate to make me a bump stop bracket. For the MOT though I'll ask my tame MOT man if it's a fail item or niot.

Thnx

Ivan