Jump to content

Inner Tubes


Recommended Posts

The designation on size is TRxx

The thin valve are TR13 and the thick ones are TR15

so a tube with a valve to fit a typical "tubeless" wheel hole would be a 7.50R16TR13, a tube to fit a Defender tube-type wheel with a fat valve would be a 7.50R16TR15

As Jon said you can buy tubeless valves as TR13 and TR15 though the TR13 ones are the "normal" size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last time I came accross this the tyre dealer, think it was ATS, had a box ful of small plastic "adaptors" that slipped over the smaller valve stem to aid alignment & prevent damage. He didn't even charge, said they were pennies for a box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We used to have them for sale too, I think they were called "ferrules" IIRC, convert a TR13 tube to be used in a Defender or similar TR15 rim. I seem to remember mostly they were used on 205R16 tubes as we couldn't get 205R16TR15s or they were stupidly expensive or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy