thought i would say hi and show you my truck :)

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

Your tyres look like Kumho KL71's. If I'm right and that's what they are can you tell me what you think of them please? I'm mainly concerned with off road performance, not too bothered about on road. I'm thinking of getting some for my Defender 90 200Tdi, I read the write up on them in the magazine article a while back and they came out joint top IIRC. Just wondered what you thought of them?

Thanks for your help, Mark.

thanks for the hello's :)

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

Your tyres look like Kumho KL71's. If I'm right and that's what they are can you tell me what you think of them please? I'm mainly concerned with off road performance, not too bothered about on road. I'm thinking of getting some for my Defender 90 200Tdi, I read the write up on them in the magazine article a while back and they came out joint top IIRC. Just wondered what you thought of them?

Thanks for your help, Mark.

yup they are kl71's, both me and my girlfriend run them mine are 33x 12.5 15 and they have been great, they wear very well on road and stand up well to abuse mine are starting to show cuts ect.

off road they are also very good but must air them down to get real performance out of them, i run mine at 15 psi off road and they are as good if not better than bfg (i have had both) the kl's seem to clear better also this was noticed in the snow!

we are happy with them and i think both landys will be having the same again when the time comes.

hope this helps, dan

In that first pic your fairlead looks way over to the left of the truck??

then it moves into the centre but I can't see a rope or cable?

can enlighten me! :)

i think its just the angle of the pic ;) the middle of that bumper sticks out. in the pics there is no winch fitted as i am repairing it atm and i have a new bumper coming that will give me some more approach angle.

dan

thanks for the hello's :)

yup they are kl71's, both me and my girlfriend run them mine are 33x 12.5 15 and they have been great, they wear very well on road and stand up well to abuse mine are starting to show cuts ect.

off road they are also very good but must air them down to get real performance out of them, i run mine at 15 psi off road and they are as good if not better than bfg (i have had both) the kl's seem to clear better also this was noticed in the snow!

we are happy with them and i think both landys will be having the same again when the time comes.

hope this helps, dan

That's great Dan, thanks for the info. That's helped me make my decision, if they're as good as BFG MT's that's high praise indeed.

Nice looking truck by the way mate.

Mark.