battery acid

titan

I have laid my hands on some really good and brand new batteries to go in my 90 and disco but they are dry (never been filled) this is why i got them at a good price and cause i brought a few so where can I get the acid from because the first fill has to be acid just not sure if you can buy it ??

any suggestion

Shane

yep been searching on google and others but they all look like they only supply trade ill have to make some call tomorro

cheers

just go down your local bargain booze and pick up some of their cheapest vodka..... it tastes the same so i will assume it works the same!!

It's not easy, a few years ago I wanted some for a couple of fork lift batteries. A local auto electrical place could get it in 1 litre cans but it was very expensive. I spoke to two fork lift firms, both said they now only use water.

In the end I recycled some from old batteries, sieved it, and topped up with water. So far so good.

I have laid my hands on some really good and brand new batteries to go in my 90 and disco but they are dry (never been filled) this is why i got them at a good price and cause i brought a few so where can I get the acid from because the first fill has to be acid just not sure if you can buy it ??

any suggestion

Shane

I see you're in Colchester - do you know anyone in the Army? (Preferably REME or MT)

They have gallons of the stuff in their battery shops :rolleyes:

I see you're in Colchester - do you know anyone in the Army? (Preferably REME or MT)

They have gallons of the stuff in their battery shops :rolleyes:

used to have loads our selfs but the battery all sealed in the ffrs will track down reme tomorro chanse them up

cheers all

I bought I dry battery for my motorbike sometime back, and my local motor factors filled it for me. Apparently they couldn't just sell me it, so gave them battery to fill and picked it up the next day. Was only a couple of quid. You could try a local garage or motor factors, someone will do it.

Ross

I remember going with my dad when he wanted to fill a battery for his MG. Think in the end we just went to a garage and they did it for us there and then. There was a bit of spillage which was wiped up with a towel. a couple of days later and the towel was no more, just lots of little bits