brake pipes

hi all

its been a while but i have a question

does anybody know what size the brake pipes and unions etc are used on a defender 90.

at the moment i am overhauling a discovery rear axle to fit to my 90 and want to make sure i have the right spec pipe.

cheers in advance

will

hi all

its been a while but i have a question

does anybody know what size the brake pipes and unions etc are used on a defender 90.

at the moment i am overhauling a discovery rear axle to fit to my 90 and want to make sure i have the right spec pipe.

cheers in advance

will

Hi will.

Have just seen your project pics.

That chassis is pretty bad, you know. I have been spending the last few months plating up an R reg 90 that is better in parts, but worse in others than yours.

I have good facilties, and I like to work to a good standard so my 'Project' chassis will be just fine...

At what cost though? That is time, welding consumibiles, hours and hours of mig-weld grinding, then do it all again, and when it's done it's still a repaired chassis.

So, 'bite the bullet' and plan for a new chassis .

I wish I had, it's why they make them....

Lots of luck.

Howard.

2x300TdiDef.

Ps By the way, my brake pipes measure more than 3/16" but less than 5mm. So I dont know what size Kunnifer to order!! :unsure:

3/16" pipe throughout, but early models might have 3/8" fittings and later will be 10mm fine thread. Just to confuse things - 3/8" will screw into 10mm, but not bite. 10mm won't screw into 3/8" (it's slightly smaller dia).

Les.

Many thanks from me Les.

Very best regards.

Howard.

2x300TdiDef.

Dont pee about fixing an old chassis. I spent six months fixing mine before i gave up. Then made a range rover chassis fit and paying the cost now with DVLA and SVA. Pain in the a*&se. Get a good replacement, rebuild and enjoy

Dont pee about fixing an old chassis. I spent six months fixing mine before i gave up. Then made a range rover chassis fit and paying the cost now with DVLA and SVA. Pain in the a*&se. Get a good replacement, rebuild and enjoy

So there yer go...

Howard.