Upholstery

Shackleton

I know there are some serious old school auto upholsterers in the UK but I don't know any of the big names. Anyone know of them?

I'm talking the dying trade kind of folks who probably took on special once off coach built commissions in their day and only know how to use the best leather and produce top quality???

George

I know there are some serious old school auto upholsterers in the UK but I don't know any of the big names. Anyone know of them?

I'm talking the dying trade kind of folks who probably took on special once off coach built commissions in their day and only know how to use the best leather and produce top quality???

George

Be worth a look at some classic/vintage car restoration magazines and forums.

Barton & Sons in Luton (you will find their details through Google or let me know if you can't track them down). They've done some stuff for me and I've also seen work in progress. It is a tiny operation so you'll need to book the work in advance but they are superb craftsmen.

Barton and Son look good to me, I need restructuring too and they have some nice examples there.

We have upholsterers here but I don't rate them, especially given the amount they charge. If I'm gonna pay through the nose I'd like to know I'm not gonna be Mildly miffed off at what I get...

Thanks fellas

George