Land Rover 90 Hand Throttle - Help Please

bogey

Hi Folks,

I have a Landrover 90 (1989) with the 2.5 turbo diesel (OK OK so i'm not proud!) and am looking to fit a hand throttle to increase the revs when winching.

I have acquired the genuine land rover cable off flea bay for a couple of quid but have no diagram showing how the clevis pin end of the cable mounts to the accelerator arm on the injection pump.

Is there anyone out there with one fitted who could kindly photograph it and either post it on here or email it to me on berwick.wacton@virgin.net.

Alternatively a scan of the diagram from a book of words would suffice.

Thanks in advance

Roger

Cheers for the Parts Guides,

Dont suppose anyone can provide me with a photo of where the addittional cable connects to the injector pump linkages. Basically looking to fabricate my own as only have the cable and all the individual bits add up to a pretty penny!

Cheers folks

Roger

Thank you for the diagrams posted - These have answered quite a few questions.

I have priced up the genuine parts and after I picked myself up decided its time to fabricate my own bracket to mount the clevis pin end of the hand throttle.

Could I please ask if anyone could post me a photo of the linkage on their vehicle where it mounts to the throttle linkage on the injector pump.

Thank you

Roger

Thank you for the diagrams posted - These have answered quite a few questions.

I have priced up the genuine parts and after I picked myself up decided its time to fabricate my own bracket to mount the clevis pin end of the hand throttle.

Could I please ask if anyone could post me a photo of the linkage on their vehicle where it mounts to the throttle linkage on the injector pump.

Thank you

Roger

take another look at the centre page items 15 to 18 are for 200Tdi engines.

I wonder if you could fit one of these to a td5 throttle body linkage ....?

as the throttle is electrically controlled from the pedal potentiometer it may be fairly easy to make a hand cable attach to the pedal, but with a disconnect link, so it can't be used as a cheapo cruise control.

It would not be possible to wire them in parallel. The resistance of the second potentiometer would affect the resistance of the first 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 where R1 is the existing thotle pot and Rt is what the ECU is expecting to see. To make it work 1/R2 would need to be zero.

edit: you could use a second with a double throw switch but never the 2 at the same time.