radio removal

Hi Bernie,

I have a 2003 TD5 110 and I replaced the crappy LR radio with a nice Kenwwod one! There should be a small hole on either side of the unit, about 1cm in from the edge .. there's allen head screws in them .. get a 2.5mm allen key (think it was 2.5) and loosen them .. a wiggle and a pull and hopefully it should come out!

Hopefully that will work on your '94 radio!

There's a security code for the radio which you will need if you're going to re-fit it .. a main LR dealer will be able to help you with this if you don't have it. Didn't bother me as I had no plans for using it again!

Mark

Not sure, but if you want I will ask the lads outside my local londis, I am sure they will know.

if you ask nicely, they'd probably do it for a small fee-the contents of your ashtray....

Hi Bernie,

I have a 2003 TD5 110 and I replaced the crappy LR radio with a nice Kenwwod one! There should be a small hole on either side of the unit, about 1cm in from the edge .. there's allen head screws in them .. get a 2.5mm allen key (think it was 2.5) and loosen them .. a wiggle and a pull and hopefully it should come out!

Hopefully that will work on your '94 radio!

There's a security code for the radio which you will need if you're going to re-fit it .. a main LR dealer will be able to help you with this if you don't have it. Didn't bother me as I had no plans for using it again!

Mark

Older ones don't use this system - all the ones I have seen use keys of one sort or another but on some models you have to pull off the plastic surround to the radio to see the key holes - it just unclips if it is one of those types.