draper socket sets

discomikey

i am looking at a draper socket set, worth around £155 but on offer for half the price,

i was just wandering if they have a good/bad reputation, and if they have a lifetime guarantee

all posts will be appreciated

mikey

i am looking at a draper socket set, worth around £155 but on offer for half the price,

i was just wandering if they have a good/bad reputation, and if they have a lifetime guarantee

all posts will be appreciated

mikey

ive got a draper 3/4 drive socket set no probs also a 1/2 inch set no probs i often use the 3/4 set on a chatter gun i know you shouldnt but ive had no probs and like you say lifetime guarantee so if thay break take them back ,chris.

thnaks for thar pinny,

heres a link to the set i am looking at, and i know im not good at maths cos its not 1/2 price its 1/3 lol

clickyy

mikey

that is almost identical to the set i have but mine is in a plastic case draper expert ive had no probs and it looks a good deal

I've had a Draper set for about 25 years now. They've been used and abused, bashed and squashed,

but still going strong with no breakages. If I needed to buy another set I would seriously consider

another Draper set no probs.

Jon

I have the same set from Draper expert but again mine is about 25 years old now. Had some serious abuse and occasionally used on the rattle gun or in the vice to drive out bushes. Often used with a 3 ft breaker bar. All sockets are still whole and in good shape.

Be aware that quality usually diminishes over time, but on past performance I reckon you should have a good buy there.

I bought a Draper bi-hex 1/2" dr socket set 23 years ago and the only thing not serviceable is/was the sliding T-bar, it got twisted up with an extension pipe, but the socket never let go! Nor have I burst one with the rattle-gun

More recently, I bought a box of Draper self-tappers, they have got to be joking!

AD90

i recieved them on wednesday, first impressions are thay look nice and solid, the rachet has a good click to it, doesent seem cheap at all, the sockets themselves have a knurled ring round them which helps for grip, and the extension bars also have a knurled bit. i have yet to test them but they do certianly look good, not sure i would buy them for their full price, probably just under £100 at the most, but for £60 they are a bargain.

mikey