300-Series Alarm System

Telkman

Just a quickie! Is it possible to configure the alarm system in a 300-series to sound a bleep or two when arming/disarming the system?

I've searched with no success, so I'm assuming the answer is no?

Cheers!

You don't have a shock sensor as standard, but it's easy to fit one they only have 3 wires.

I have one fitted to another car and it turns on the interior light when the car receives a knock, the alarm system detects volt drop as does the LR system, so turning the light on is detected when the alarm is set and off goes the sounder.

Hi I have the same problem/question on mine as well as should it have a shock sensor( eg lowlife knocking or nicking bits), sorry about hijacking thread.Cheers

My L reg 300 has a shock sensor as standard, found out when I rocked it during washing it.

My L reg 300 has a shock sensor as standard, found out when I rocked it during washing it.

You will find thats the ultrasonic detector, it's happend to me, so i make sure the alarm is off now, the ultrasonics that LR fitted to the D1's can go unstable very easly. A shock sensor will not activate by rocking the vehicle they are designed to filter out that sort of movement and activate at a specific shock frequency but a very hard tap on the glass or a kick on a panel could do it.

Just a quickie! Is it possible to configure the alarm system in a 300-series to sound a bleep or two when arming/disarming the system?

I've searched with no success, so I'm assuming the answer is no?

Cheers!

My 97 Disco actually toots the horn two time when arming/disarming the alarm system. It started doing this about 3 weeks ago. I asked the local LR mechanic what the problem was and his reply is one of the door jam contact switches is seized. He said to disconnect one door at a time and the engine hood til I found the culprit.

The beeping is annoying the wife to bits, so I'm in no rush to fix it at this time. :P

OH, the alarm is activated but one of the doors or the engine hood isn't "secure". <_<

Todd.

Check that the interior light works on all door switches ie. open one door see the light comes on, shut the door and let the light time out and then do the same on the next door and so on. If you find the light dosen't come on, then that door switch has a problem and if you don't then all the switches are functioning ok.

It's not unknown for there to be a problem with the bonnet switch.