110 12 seater & V5's

I have searched the threads for this, but no luck so far.

Some people have mentioned that if your 110 has 12 seats, it is mentioned on the V5. I have just received my V5 and there is no mention of seating anywhere on it.

Can anyone tell me where this should be written- i don't want it to show that it has 12 seats as my licence doesn't cover it if it shows.

Is it only CSW's that have this? mine is only a SW

The V5 for my 110CSW has nothing stated for the amount of seats, I have removed the rear 6 and when I get around to it I'll be updating it to say 5.

Ditto, nothing about seating on my V5 (110 SW).

Rear seats taken out, so mine is a 5 seater.

Except mine is listed as 5 Door hatchback :rolleyes:

seat capacity will only be one the V5 if the vehicle is used for 'hire & reward' public passenger carrying service in other words it's used as a minibus/public service bus.

my 110 was originally a 12 seater & no mention of seat capacity on it's V5 either.

other things to think about is what your driving licence says & what your insurers have it recorded as.

As you may be aware if you have between 9 and 16 passenger seats it's classed as a minibus.

Whether you can drive one will depend on your age and when you passed your test etc.

If you don't qualify you MUST remove any seats and seat belts to reduce the passenger capacity to 8 or less. If you don't you will be driving with no licence and no insurance.

Inform your insurance company of the reduced capacity and get it confirmed in writing.

If the seating capacity is not on the v5, don't worry. The current seating capacity is noted at MOT, though this wont necessarily appear on the certificate.

As you may be aware if you have between 9 and 16 passenger seats it's classed as a minibus.

Whether you can drive one will depend on your age and when you passed your test etc.

If you don't qualify you MUST remove any seats and seat belts to reduce the passenger capacity to 8 or less. If you don't you will be driving with no licence and no insurance.

Inform your insurance company of the reduced capacity and get it confirmed in writing.

If the seating capacity is not on the v5, don't worry. The current seating capacity is noted at MOT, though this wont necessarily appear on the certificate.

I have told my insurance that it has 5 seats. I have that on my cert

When I re-registered my 110 CSW here in Ireland (with only 5 seats), the new reg document came back with 12 seats on it, insurance co have seen it and are OK. I assume the VRO here checked the VIN no for what it should be, not just what I told them!! As I presume you can't change a VIN no without an IVA, your 9/10/12 seater SWs will always technically be that as it's what the VIN no says (enter it into Calvin or Microcat and see what comes up). As pat_pending says though, physical removal of seats satisfies the rules in UK.