Disco seats

Rolly

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been here for a while, been busy eating Pizzas.

My driver's seat collapsed the other day, the mesh webbing at the very base of the seat that supports your bum split down the middle leaving me sitting on the floor of the car. Rather disconcerting as your driving down the road, for a second there I thought all those curries had finally caught up with me and my bowels were collapsing.

My question is; before I have the local LR centre lie to me (heaven forbid) and tell me I need a whole new seat, has anyone had this problem before and has put in a new webbing or do I have to scrounge around the wreckers and end up buying a whole new seat anyway?

Here's another thread and solution to the problem http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=15324 - read to the end, mind it might not fit and you'll have to do some mods, part # for the electric seat diaphragm is MTC9931.

It happened to me too although I'm 'only' 100 kg (or at least this is what I like to think that I weigh :)):

post-1725-1243517244_thumb.jpg

I just glued it back together reinforcing it with some PVC sheet and it's been just fine for the past 2 years.

that happen to my drivers seat, I replaced the seat cover, foam and webbing for £10 from my local scrap yard and it all come off the passenger seat of the scrap disco, so now it looks and feels like a brand new seat.

The seat cover unclips on the under side but its a seat out job. :D

Thanks people, I'll look into chasing one up. I've got a cushion shoved under it at the moment and I'm starting to get used to it so I better do something soon or it'll end up staying that way :rolleyes:

PS, I'm only 120kg but I could nearly look Clarkson in the eye so I'm not really that fat :lol: That's why I've got a Disco; plenty of leg room. I'd love a Defender but they don't make 'em for adults. B)

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been here for a while, been busy eating Pizzas.

My driver's seat collapsed the other day, the mesh webbing at the very base of the seat that supports your bum split down the middle leaving me sitting on the floor of the car. Rather disconcerting as your driving down the road, for a second there I thought all those curries had finally caught up with me and my bowels were collapsing.

My question is; before I have the local LR centre lie to me (heaven forbid) and tell me I need a whole new seat, has anyone had this problem before and has put in a new webbing or do I have to scrounge around the wreckers and end up buying a whole new seat anyway?

Hi all, don't post often but lurk a lot. My seat broke last week and I've done a temp fix using some 6inch lap fencing and a couple of small rachet straps. I slid the wood under the frame and used the straps to support it. The seat is now very firm and I sit slightly higher than normal but it will do untill I get round to a proper fix*.

Hope this helps.

*Fixed my passenger window 3 months ago with 2 bits of 4X2, must sort that as well

• 12 years later...
2 hours ago, Jason Firm said:

Hi Everyone. I'm in Sydney Australia. I only weigh about 65kg and my drivers seat diaphragm just failed, same as the photo. Sounds like its a difficult item to get. I think I'll try a series of webbing straps side by side, from Bunnings.

Google the part number - gave me some hits you might be interested in. - might work - webbing straps will probably also do the job!

Land Rover Front Seat Base Diaphram MTC9931 (johnrichardssurplus.co.uk)