ABS warning and Traction control lights.

hoss1720

Been out this morning and on my return journey the ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL warnining lights came on and stayed on.

My vehicle is a Disco 2 4.0 V8 1999.

Any suggestions for a quick fix or does this need to be hooked up for a diagnosis?

cheers

I've seen comments that a nanocom will tell you the SLAB codes, even though it won't talk to the ECU on the V8. I'd be interested to know if it does since I expect I could find one of those locally to see what mine is whinging about.

once the fault has been diagnosed and the sensor has been replace will the lights go out automatically or will they need resetting.

the reason I ask is that once diagnosed I intend to replace the sensor myself.But if it needs to be reset I might aswell let the garage change it.

any suggestions?

I strongly suggest what's been suggested already, do a search in this section.

The light will go out after you fix the problem (although the error code will remain stored but this won't bother you at all).

Having a LR garage replace the ABS sensor means they will replace the entire hub.

You could have find both answers in this thread: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=7982

To search the forum I recommend you to read this thread first: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=35133