tdi oil cooler pipes

jericho

I have moved the radiator sideways and backwards in my 300 tdi off-roader,now the pipes to the oil cooler in the radiator won't connect up.

Has anyone had custom pipes made?

What are the fittings/thread sizes at the filter housing end,and at the radiator end?

Who can you recommend to make hoses for me?

I could take all the bits to a hydraulics shop,but I seldom finish work before they close,so if I could order it over the phone,so much the better.

Thanks, Jerry.

Jerry ,I did the same to mine , IIRC the thread size on the rad is 3/8 BSPT , I got some 1/2" >3/8 BSPT adaptors for the rad and ran 1/2 hose with 1/2" 90degree fittings at the rad end and had the hoses on the engine end swaged onto the cut down original pipe ,

Avon Hydraulics in Avonmouth made mine up , Dont use Pirtek they have a habbit of multiplying their prices 3 fold

IMG_0531.jpg

Jerry ,I did the same to mine , IIRC the thread size on the rad is 3/8 BSPT , I got some 1/2" >3/8 BSPT adaptors for the rad and ran 1/2 hose with 1/2" 90degree fittings at the rad end and had the hoses on the engine end swaged onto the cut down original pipe.

Thanks for that.

Why use any of the origional pipe?

I think most shops would be reluctant to swage onto used pipe,unless you know them well.

Sorry I should of made it clearer , They swaged onto the metal pipe with new hose all the way ,Yes it does help a bit when you know them but when you explain that they will be working at a maximum possible pressure of 3 bar they tend not to worry to much .