Diff Guards

Never used diff guards before, but think I might pop some on just to be on the safe side for the trip.

My question is: Are all diff guards basically the same, or are some better than others? Why?

Is there a difference between front and rear?

What recommendations do you have for me?

Many thanks

Martin

Martin,

The general idea of diff guards are all the same i.e. piece of metal to take the knocks as opposed to the diffs. On most vehicles front and rear are the same as the diffs are the same, just the other way around. Expections would be if you had a salsibury rear axle for instance. I run some bog standard cheap round ones but I am aware that the QT ones here seem very popular as they are less obstrusive, look cooler and provide better protection and tend to not fall off.

Pete

P.s. Any news on when the website is going to be live?

No they just bend instead :P

2002 onwards Def 110s have the Wolf axle fitted which uses a different type of guard to either the front or the old Salisbury rear.

The cheapy ones like Rebel make are perfectly adequate, if you manage to 'uck those up then you really need to adjust your driving as you are probably already into axle-bending territory.

Never used diff guards before, but think I might pop some on just to be on the safe side for the trip.

My question is: Are all diff guards basically the same, or are some better than others? Why?

Is there a difference between front and rear?

What recommendations do you have for me?

Many thanks

Martin

Hi i read an article in one of the lr mags that warned of getting stones traped in betwee the dif guard and the dif because it acts as a pressure point if the diff guard then hits a rock ect ect.