Hinge Removal afer welding

Sorry its probably been doon so much...but...

I've just had the bulkhead out rigger replaced on the drivers side but it must be at a slightly different height as the doors moved now.

Altered the strike plate so door shuts, but the door seems to be about 1/4" too low.

The door seems to be pretty square in the apperture.

Its as if I need to lift the whole door up 1/4".

So I need an impact drive to undo the hinge screws? Then just hit away?

I take it these will either brake off (need to dirll out) or the j clip will give way.

Is there any tips or ideas out there before I start it Saturday?

Sorry for the stupid questions but if you dont know, you just dont know.

Done a search and items are close but just wanted some more info to give me some confinence.

Cheers, SpenB

I started WD-40-ing my door hinge bolts about 2 weeks ago in anticipation of changing the doors. The bulkhead ones are now free, but the door ones aren't, but that's not too much of an issue.

I would recommend replacing the bolts with stainless ones. Available on ebay as complete kits, or from your local fastner shop...

Hi Spen,

I got the same identical problem just done outriggers and the passenger door has dropped, striker plate wont alter possition enough to alow door to shut.

Cant get the bolts out of the hinge so I have decided to lift the door gently with a farmjack with wooden softening block underbeath the door to see if that either loosens the bolts or even just fixes the problem,if that dont work I will probably drill the bolts out and try to re-fit the door from scratch I will let you know how I get on. If you solve the problem before me let me know what method worked.

Cheers

James