Ever get the question ''Why not get rid of that shed?

Keith Keir

:rolleyes: This old man keeps on seeing me in the shed klonking,hammering singing and sometimes (a couple of pints when getting to the end of a good task).

;) Neighbor asked "You really love your truck ,right?" what should I tell him I thought! I answered, "Could change wife but not that truck" :o:huh:

Tell no one I said this :lol:

I think part of the problem is that most normal people look at their car in the same way they see a washing machine or a TV. Its just a tool, to transport them around. Once that tool gets old, it should be replaced.

Our A4 is 13 years old and still functions perfectly well with 185k on the clock. My brother recently baught himself an 1997 S4, and a friend said "Is that really an R-reg? How can an old car look so shiney?" The person would probably have had a heart attack had she known he'd paid twice what her 5yo clio cost!

I had another aquaintence say the other day "our cars a bit old and crappy now, its 9 years old" I'm sat there thinking WTF, a 2000MY car certainly isnt going to be crappy or old!

I think its something that follows on from the 70's and 80's when cars really didnt last. If it was 10 years old it really was a complete heaper and would undoubtedly be held together by the paint. People seem to apply this ideaology to new cars, when in reality they are built a LOT better, and expecting one to last 15 or 20 years with proper maintenance really isnt a big deal.

My brother is younger than me and will borrow either my Defender or my MG. He had the MG on his drive while I was in America, and when I came back he spoofed me that he'd binned it, but I didn't rise to it.

When I hear voices outside the house, I peek out the window to make sure they're not near the LR.

Nuff said.