OT: Found a new way to waste money

BogMonster

Subject to one or two things being sorted out (like the current owner getting the boat he wants!) I hope to be the new owner of this by about the middle of next week:

P3110076Small.jpg

Humber Destroyer 5.8m, 115hp Johnson eggwhisk on the back, plus trailer etc

Can't wait :):):)

Land Rover relevance? You can just see my Discovery's butt in the photo (the green one in the background with the Mitsubishi bumper fender-offer on the back) oh and the trailer has Land Rover wheels on it :P

RIBbed for extra pleasure, Cols, no doubt at all :D

Not as nice as yours Tim, but it'll do for my first, I'm sure it won't be the last :D

OMG I have just realised it is ORANGE therefore I may have to sell it just in case it is copied from something else! :o no on second thoughts I think I am probably safe, I don't think it has the irritating insect logo on it anywhere :lol:

Edited by BogMonster

Call that a boat?

This is a boat....

PAM - International 5.5 metre rule

1963 - Ohlson Brothers Sweden - Honduras Mahogany (and Carbon Fibre)

29 square metres of working sail - 1.5 tons of lead

very similar power to weight ratio to a fully loaded D110 :lol:

med_gallery_407_73_15365.jpg

that's me on the left,

ttfn

Matthew

Call that a boat?

This is a boat....

PAM - International 5.5 metre rule

1963 - Ohlson Brothers Sweden - Honduras Mahogany (and Carbon Fibre)

29 square metres of working sail - 1.5 tons of lead

very similar power to weight ratio to a fully loaded D110 :lol:

that's me on the left,

ttfn

Matthew

Matthew,, now this is a boat, funny enought, she is now all the way down there with you in Sydney at Westport Marina. 1000 hp of Volvo's

IMG_1781.jpg

me at the helm in red !! (nice pic of your raggie mind :) )

Well if you lot want to have a "mine is bigger than yours" competition get on with it - I'm having this afternoon off to go for a play :P

At the moment it is gloriously sunny with hardly a breath of wind so I hope it stays like that, should be a good afternoon :)

Talking of power to weight ratio, 115hp on something that weighs about half a ton (ok ok a bit more with little me in it... :unsure::rolleyes::P ) is a fairly respectable power to weight ratio compared to most vehicles!

Changing the subject slightly, I PMSL last night when I was reading something about operating outboard motors at high altitude :unsure:

Thought to myself ... er ... I think you'll find most work at sea level since that's where the water is.... :lol::lol::lol:

Well if you lot want to have a "mine is bigger than yours" competition get on with it - I'm having this afternoon off to go for a play :P

Not like that at all Stephen, i see Matthew is in Sydney, just saying thats were my old boat is now, :( going out there next spring for a few weeks

you have a good day on the water :D

Changing the subject slightly, I PMSL last night when I was reading something about operating outboard motors at high altitude :unsure:

Thought to myself ... er ... I think you'll find most work at sea level since that's where the water is.... :lol::lol::lol:

LAKES !!!!

LAKES !!!!

I know, I know ... I just laughed out loud when I read it, in the same way I did when somebody we know said many years ago that he was going to build a concrete boat.... (which is also entirely feasible but the idea seems bizarre when you first think of it!)

I had an absolutely brilliant afternoon :):):):) but I'll tell you what, anybody with a V8 moaning about fuel consumption ... you ain't seen nuthin until you try a 2 stroke outboard, you can see the gauge going down :o

but I'll tell you what, anybody with a V8 moaning about fuel consumption ... you ain't seen nuthin until you try a 2 stroke outboard, you can see the gauge going down :o

Tell me about it !!! :o 225 optimax !!

Sounds like you had a good day, ?