How to or parts list for putting a V8 into a 200tdi

Davecrx

So I'm going to be putting a 3.9 v8 and gearbox from a 300 into my 200tdi and would just like to know what other parts are needed to fit the thing.

My plan is to use carbs but i may use the injector system.

Any oother tips would be nice to know.

Thanks Dave

I did a search, and after some time didn't come up with anything.

searching is great when you've got lots of time to look though pages and pages on the web

but thats something i dont have.

Oh and as for keeping the injection system, it's not the wiring or the pumbing which will be the problem

its the getting all the parts without this little project costing a bomb.

Oh and as for keeping the injection system, it's not the wiring or the pumbing which will be the problem

its the getting all the parts without this little project costing a bomb.

I guess it depends upon what you mean by 'costing a bomb'. But an early EFi RRC would have all the parts you need and cost only a few hundred £££. Selling on the old 200TDi out of the Discovery would recoup some if not all of that.

Don't forget the set of ear defenders to drown out the droning of the TDi brigade telling you how wrong you are :ph34r:

Yes, stick with the EFI, there is a full wiring diagram etc. in the tech archive as well as tips on getting it to run properly with the minimal hassle if you search - it may not show any results for "V8 to 200TDi" but something like "hotwire wiring" "hotwire loom" may give better results. At the end of the day a 200TDi is a single-wire engine so there's no real scheme to adapt one to the other.