I got a 3 ton Machinemart trolley jack about 18 months ago and despite relatively little use it has packed it - the clip connecting the lever to the pump failed. Fortunately no damage done as I had a bottle jack to lift The Beastie off the axle stand - but I guess I was lucky. Apparently it is now out of the 12 month warranty. The will do an assessment and quote for a repair but I think I would probably be better just getting another one - but not the same as last time.

What are best recommendations for trolley jack for a 90? I am not a garage so it is probably used one weekend a month or so.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Malcy

my 2 tonne trolley jack is a Draper unit, been fine & used in all weathers.

Not even vaguely helpful I know, but a case in point - my trusty trolley jack was commissioned (from the local engineering firm) by my grandad (bless him) to lift his Austin - the thing is nigh-on 70 years old and will happily pick the heavy end of the 90 (if you block it up enough) and virtually the whole of the 109 :o (under the gearbox X-member) My moral is "You get what you pay for". Worth a few extra pennies if its going to get a lot of use.

Dont want to jump on the I hate Machine Mart bandwagon, but I swore NEVER to buy anything from them EVER again due to very poor product finish and workmanship, and after spending £700 on metal cupboards that had problems, their customer service was extremely poor.

:(

OK I get, and fully understand, the point that you get what you pay for. Draper seem to do two ranges of two ton jacks - one around £50 and the other around £375. The more expensive one seems like overkill but the other one is about the same as I paid for the original one, so would I be a mug to get another at that sort of price?