Billing or Newark

I had thought of going to the Newark event to see what Twisted were up to. However, matters closer to home prevented me from doing so.

In the end I went to the historic vehicle rally at Newby Hall near Ripon North Yorkshire. This was a fantastic show with cars going back to 1902, including a fair scattering of Landies - especially series 1.

The most intriguing car I saw was a steam powered 1902 vehicle, running on kerosene which boiled the water.

There was an excellent autojumble as well, including trim and finishing products, apart from the usual bits & bobs.

From what many commentators have said above, it seems I had a better deal than most in the end.

However, I am puzzled by the reaction to stands being built during the opening hours of the show.

I exhibit every year at the Northern Homebuilding & Renovation Show and it is a term of our contract with them that we must be set up before the show opens and may not dismantle the stand until it closes on the Sunday. The organisers are quite within their rights to strictly enforce this - but perhaps Britpart were allowed to get away with it?

Also - whilst a magazine may be apparently running a show, generally what they do is allow their name to be used by an exhibition company - for example, NHB&R is run by Centaur Communications Ltd - and the mag gets a cut of the proceeds.

However, I agree that the dates being the same for both is just plain daft - the only reason I can think of is that the one going last would perceive themselves as losing "first bite at the cherry" and that enthusiasts would be spent up by the time a later show came along in the same month. I suspect that might have led to the change in dates that has happened. <_<

I agree that shows can be tiring and some people can be challenging to deal with. However, being rude or unhelpful is never an approach I would support. Just bear in mind that some show stand staff may have only been employed for that weekend on that stand, because many stands have event staff on them who have nothing else to do with the company concerned.

Nonetheless, I do agree that I have come across parts suppliers in the landy and classic car worlds who seem to be "up themselves" because of their company's "reputation" :unsure:

some show stand staff may have only been employed for that weekend on that stand, because many stands have event staff on them who have nothing else to do with the company concerned.

However, the person in question who I am talking about, IS a full time employee of the company.......in fact he is the Manager of the Overland Preparation department!

went to Billing for 2 days!..Thoughley enjoyed it!..Lots second hand goodies to root about it and lots of shiney stuff to be brought.The lads at devon had lots of time to chat and they wasnt being pushey and trying to sell!However wouldnt waste another second at Nene overland!.Was enquiring about 2 defender i really liked and might of even ended up buying one of them.They were rude,arrogant and good at making assuptions!.Got told that oe truck was out of my price range! :angry: CHARMING!

However, the person in question who I am talking about, IS a full time employee of the company.......in fact he is the Manager of the Overland Preparation department!

From one of your earlier posts Martin -

"This will be my last post on this subject (i promise!) and I will end on: I will NEVER give Nene Overland a single penny of my money, if they dare treat people like they do."

If you have anything further to say about Nene Overland I suggest you take it up directly with them and not on the forum.

You have been given ample opportunity to let off steam on here so I suggest you put the episode behind you and move on!

John

In an attempt to bring things full circle, on the whole it seems most people had a good time which ever show they went to. Some niggles were had at each venue lets just hope that they get sorted for next year. We can but hope.

One thing I do believe there is a space for is a post on customer service in the international forum relating to the bad and GOOD experinces had by customers. This allows others to see if an outlet is living up to expectation.