Dog clutch for hydraulic pump

chrism

Afternoon all

Im after a clutch for my crank pulley mounted hydraulic pump, its a group 2 pump onto a 200tdi

I know people on here have them, i could do with knowing where to get one

I want to beable to control it from a cab, so i plan to either run a cable to the lever to pull it on or mount an air solenoid

Any help appreciated

Chris

This might be a bit of a noddy question, but are either of the two clutchs on the site below a straight bolt on for the LT230 PTO?

is the LT230 PTO designed to a standard (ISo or whaterver) so you can go to a supplier and say i need a clutch to fit this? or is it a Solihull special?

if it makes any differance its an LT230 on a 1988 2.5TD 90

This might be a bit of a noddy question, but are either of the two clutchs on the site below a straight bolt on for the LT230 PTO?

is the LT230 PTO designed to a standard (ISo or whaterver) so you can go to a supplier and say i need a clutch to fit this? or is it a Solihull special?

if it makes any differance its an LT230 on a 1988 2.5TD 90

That's not a noddy question at all - I'd like to know too! :)

No

The LT230 output doesn't conform to any standard. Maxidrive used to produce a dog clutch that mounted to the LT230 and presented an ouput with an industrial flange to accept a standard pump. I don't know if these are still on the market though. If they are, it might be under another name.

Edit: Here's a slightly naff photo from Alfred Murray's website, 4x4winches.com, it'd appear he sells them.

pto_pump.jpg

Here are pics of the LT230 side and pump side of the Maxi-drive hydraulic PTO unit.

The one from the LT230 side shows the LT230 bearing housing still attached, but it does show what the dog clutch looks like.

The one from the pump side show extra holes for mounting the pump at a different angular position to clear an X-Eng brake. The Maxi units only suit pumps with SAE 'A' flanges and 9 spline shafts.

post-62-1248297673_thumb.jpg

post-62-1248297686_thumb.jpg

Some good links there cheers guys, the flow fit site doesnt seem to have much info about them and tech info etc but on another site i found one that looks the same but was only rated to 2000-2500rpm. Im fitting a gear pump to it so obviously thats not rated to the full rpm of a 200tdi but does anyone have any experience of one of these failing from going over 2500rpm without the pump being driven?

The electric clutch looks interesting, i wonder how well it would take to water and mud though? No good to me though as i already have my pump!