2007 Puma Fuel Gauge PROBLEM

Guys

Gone and bought myself a 2007 Puma 90 County Hard Top.

In just over a week of ownership I've had to replace OSF sidelight bulb & OSF indicator bulb. :rolleyes:

On my way to work yesterday, 3 miles into the journey (uphill) the fuel gauge dropped to zero, the light flashed and the alarm sounded,

the reading stayed on empty until I started going downhill (quite steep) and then the gauge returned to normal.

This happened again today at roughly the same spot on the journey, any ideas what the problem may be guys?

Regards

Mike

post-17678-1248360955_thumb.jpg

Tank is three quarters full.

It's impractical to return the 90 to the place where I bought it, 230 miles away hence me askin' the question..

Any sensible responses would be appreciated :unsure:

If still under warranty and the shop its too far I would wait a bit until other faults arise. Just be sure you have enough fuel.

If still under warranty and the shop its too far I would wait a bit until other faults arise. Just be sure you have enough fuel.

Puma been back to dealer today (Hillendale). Staff were very helpful, apparently my DEF has a faulty instrument panel and a new instrument "pack" has been ordered. Truck had a vac and wash.. Part has been ordered and DEF will be recalled once part is in.

Does this mean my odometer will be reset to zero? :blush:

PUMA been to Hillendale today - faulty instrument panel - new instrument panel on order.

Does this mean my odometer reading will return to zero if the whole job lot is being replaced? :blink:

you just read PUMA not TD5 then!!! - i reckon you coudl be right though looking at Puma guages in that the speedo and rev counter may come out!

OOps, forgot it was the new dash vehicle, probaly won't be seperate parts then, just one big pack. :rolleyes: & they call it progress :blink::lol: