Inline 2 pin plugs/sockets for spot lamps

GL88

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the standard 2 pin pairs of plugs and sockets as used on the Geunine Parts - Safari 5000 spots (and presumably the others too)? They have 'AMP' moulded into them and latch together. I thought I'd kept a link having once found them on the web but no amount of Googling or searching this forum seems to be producing the goods.

Thanks, none of those I think (though difficult to check Tyco on iPhone on a train). I'll see if I can post a decent photo later but will need to break out the SLR. And will probably end up going with super seal.

Thanks, none of those I think (though difficult to check Tyco on iPhone on a train). I'll see if I can post a decent photo later but will need to break out the SLR. And will probably end up going with super seal.

Hi,

I used the ones from Vehicle Wiring Products:-

Like the attached.

Hope this helps.

Scrumps

post-158-1248456545_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a couple of Freelander-1 Auxilliary Lamp Wiring Kits at a Sortout and they have Delphi Sealed Metri-Pack 150 Series Connectors to connect to the Lamps.

The female connectors on the loom look like this -

12052641.jpg

They also have a Grey Terminal Lock on the back of the Connector (not shown in this image)

The male connectors on the Land Rover lamps should look like this -

12162000.jpg

I've not yet found anywhere in the UK selling sensible quantities of these Delphi Connectors.

I intend to adapt the Freelander Wiring Kit to use to fit Hella Driving Lamps on my Discovery-2, and if I can't find Delphi Metri-Pack Connectors here in the UK, I'll replace them with AMP/Tyco Superseal Connectors, which are far more available.

• 2 months later...

I picked up a couple of Freelander-1 Auxilliary Lamp Wiring Kits at a Sortout and they have Delphi Sealed Metri-Pack 150 Series Connectors to connect to the Lamps.

I've not yet found anywhere in the UK selling sensible quantities of these Delphi Connectors.

... if I can't find Delphi Metri-Pack Connectors here in the UK, I'll replace them with AMP/Tyco Superseal Connectors, which are far more available.

Answering my own question, I've found a supplier of Delphi Sealed Metripack 150 Connectors, along with almost everything else Delphi.

They're USA based and ship from there, but have a UK website in pounds, shillings and pence :unsure: , here -

http://gb.mouser.com/Interconnects/Automotive-Connectors/_/N-1ehb5/

They don't sell connector sets, only the component parts, so reference to the Delphi catalogue is essential.

Delphi Automotive Connector catalogues can be downloaded, in .pdf format, here -

http://connectors.delphi.com/automotive/