Pallet delivery info help please?

Anderzander

I'm looking to transporting a back axle from Kent to Lancashire - but have no experience of doing this kind of thing ...

I presume I need to do it by pallet delivery.

Can anyone recommend a company? or give an idea of what would be a reasonable price?

Would I need to tell them the weight and dimensions? (and what are the weight and dimensions of a back axle?)

Any help would be really appreciated!

The big problem here is getting the axle into a convenient and safe package for shipping.

I use Mike Beer Transport ask for their pallet services, a single pallet on economy rate (2/3 days) from one end of the UK to the other is around £40+VAT.

For the more unusual items, I use http://www.loadup.co.uk/ Here you say what you have to load and from where to where , and interested haulage companies will ship it for you.

You might need to drain it of oil first and make it so there are no sharp opjects/hazards sticking out. The price above was for a single pallet, I think you need a double pallet, the weight is not too much of a problem as they tail lift it on.

Im in Kent if you need any help with loading/despatch (my 110's SORN at the mo so not able to collect).

Hope this helps.

I don't know what personal pallet services are like, but I know we have to be careful with the various pallet services we use at work, and explicitly specify lorries with a tail lift. We don't have a fork lift, as I guess you won't, and that's a problem when a curtain-sider without a tail lift turns up.

Thanks for the advice so far guys - and thanks Nic for the kind offer of help :)

Can anyone tell me the size and weight of the rear axle, with discs but no wheels .....

That would give me something to be able ask the pallet companies for a quote on....

A complete axle will overlap a pallet. I suspect this will incur additional charges as my experience with supplying to operators carrying pallets is that the vehicles stack the pallets with no gaps - therefore to accommodate an axle its likely there will be a surcharge?

I sent two 404 Mog axles on a pallet with four wheels strapped on top. They overlapped both sides by about a foot but I only got charged fo one pallet worth of load. The bloke at the depot was actually impressed at the way it was all secured and happy to take it off my hands.

Sorry To hiJack the thread, But can anyone tell me some places i can use to move a Defender trayback Less Axles Engine Ect,ect

Not Able to Lift on Trailer/Lorry At Pick up end But Can be lifted off at Drop off End

Jay

take a pair of axles and a car trasporter/trailer and collect yourself is probably cheepest or best option,

Carl.