Rusty Rear

Thunderkatt

Hi there :) , just posting some more piccys of my rusty Rangie :unsure: . I don't think it's that bad judging some of the pics of others i've seen :ph34r: . I'm thinking of new rear cross member and floor (obviously :blink: ) and plating up the other holes i have found. Again all comments are appreciated.

Thanks Kris.

post-17969-1249236681_thumb.jpg

post-17969-1249236702_thumb.jpg

post-17969-1249236741_thumb.jpg

post-17969-1249236763_thumb.jpg

post-17969-1249236790_thumb.jpg

post-17969-1249236809_thumb.jpg

Wow.... that's a really rusty one :(

I'd pull the cill covers off as well, I suspect you will be looking at a full replacement given the other pictures, and that hole in the A-pillar.

Also, check under the carpets in the rear passenger compartment floor, and the two front footwells, and under the drivers/passenger seat.

I suspect you are in for the long haul with this one, but do a good job and it will last forever.

Good luck!

P.s. Seeing pictures like this make me realise that mine really actually wasn't that bad(!)

Hi there :) , just posting some more piccys of my rusty Rangie :unsure: . I don't think it's that bad judging some of the pics of others i've seen :ph34r: . I'm thinking of new rear cross member and floor (obviously :blink: ) and plating up the other holes i have found. Again all comments are appreciated.

Thanks Kris.

Take heart look at these horrors I found on my Defender chassis

post-13733-1249244290_thumb.jpg

Sympathise with you as I have just finished fitting a new xmember and floor to our Range rover, A bit of a misery of a job really, I had to use a sheet of 1/8 steel as all around the sides of my floor were gone too, make sure your rear doors close properly before you weld anything up permanently. Best of luck

Rusty Rangie