BYE BYE HORRIBLE 19J HELLO 200TDI

IM NEW TO THE FORUM IM ABOUT TO PUT A 200 INTO MY G REG 90 AND AM AFTER ADVICE ON WHAT ARE THE PITFALLS OF SUCH A CONVERSION I HAVE THE DISCO LUMP I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO ORDER THE EHAUST DOWN PIPE OFF EBAY CHEAPER THAN STEVE PARKER AND THE INTERCOOLER SILICONE HOSE BITS I HAVENT GOT THE PAS HOSES OR THE FUEL FILTER HOUSES BUT I BROUGHT THE BOSCH FUEL FILTER HOUSING OFF EBAY IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD GET BEFORD I GO AHEAD WITH THE JOB ANY ADVICE WELCOME IT WILL MAKE ME VERY HAPPY BOY

IM NEW TO THE FORUM IM ABOUT TO PUT A 200 INTO MY G REG 90 AND AM AFTER ADVICE ON WHAT ARE THE PITFALLS OF SUCH A CONVERSION I HAVE THE DISCO LUMP I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO ORDER THE EHAUST DOWN PIPE OFF EBAY CHEAPER THAN STEVE PARKER AND THE INTERCOOLER SILICONE HOSE BITS I HAVENT GOT THE PAS HOSES OR THE FUEL FILTER HOUSES BUT I BROUGHT THE BOSCH FUEL FILTER HOUSING OFF EBAY IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD GET BEFORD I GO AHEAD WITH THE JOB ANY ADVICE WELCOME IT WILL MAKE ME VERY HAPPY BOY

Get a new keyboard for your PC as your caps lock appears to be stuck on, :lol::):blink:

Get some new engine rubber mounts and do the clutch at the same time. Take the time to check all the engine extras as replacemets can be a pain once in. e.g lift pump, alternator plug types, glow plugs, starter motor, check water pump etc etc.

I would go to the scrap yard and get an electric fan as the one on the disco lump hits the steering box. I used one of a ford mondeo and an xeng thermo switch witch was alos usefull for putting a join in the top hose. I used som metal pipe to extend my intercooler and rad hoses. You will need some crimp on ring terminals for the alternator wires. When i put my engine out of the disco on to my lt77 in my td i did not change the bellhousing on the disco, so i had to drill out some holes and tap them they were M10 i think. There were 4 holes they are already there they are just not the right diameter or tapped. You also need to take out the two dowles in the disco bell hosing mine pullled out.

You are always welcome to come and have a look at mine its in shropshire.

Andy

hi, im assuming from your name you live in ledbury, i live in eastnor and ive got a c reg 90 with a discovery tdi fitted, your are welcome to come and have a look if you want to.

hamish