Defender 200tdi Timing Case - Air Con Mount

Does anyone have a defender 200tdi with tapped holes on the timing cover for the air con mount bracket?

Mine is just blank castings on the housing and cover. I could take an educated guess, but I'd much prefer some input from others who actually have the factory/LR drilled and tapped holes.

Many thanks,

Luke

Obvious indeed, I agree, the casting is such that its easy to imagine where the holes 'should' go, but if i'm going to invest time in making a bracket to use those holes, I'd much prefer to design it such that the holes are in the right place, so the bracket would fit other vehicles.

:)

Fair enough. Measure up a 2.5NA then. The holes are in the center of the circular areas. If you are building stuff for sale, I would simply purchase a stock air con bracket and measure that..... Make sure the bolts make it all the way through the casting without touching the timing belt. The aluminum is not the best and strips easily, so full depth bolts are a damn good idea.

This is of little help as my own bracket is in the way, but it is a picture anyway.....

Lower_bracket.jpg