FF Sake

northernchris

while we're at it about new parts not working, both the prop gatters have perished and split within 180 miles, the top radiator hose is cracking, and I've seen a few other bits perishing, all BRITPARTS.

Gonna get some photo's, dig the receipts out as I kept them all, and complain to the people who supplied them :angry::angry::angry:

ive had a bit of agro with Britpart components lately... had a waterpump that only lasted a fortnight, a drive member that apeared to be made of lead, as it was the softest metal i've ever come across, and their hub seals are appaling.... realy badly made and fail much sooner than the genuine ones....

ive had a bit of agro with Britpart components lately... had a waterpump that only lasted a fortnight, a drive member that apeared to be made of lead, as it was the softest metal i've ever come across, and their hub seals are appaling.... realy badly made and fail much sooner than the genuine ones....

seems a common trend, gonna start going to my local Land Rover dealer and start ordering genuine stuff as I hate stripping stuff just because a manufacturer can't produce decent items <_<

Chris, you're pressure plate would have to be seriously f***ed for a paddle clutch to slip and then you'd expect very little drive. Something odd's going on...

Rob, it'll all come good in the end (honest). With any rebuild there's bound to be teething troubles. I've had quite a few pattern parts that really deserved going straight in the bin. Some of the manufacurers are really having a laugh. I now only use Genuine or Allmakes (they're about 2 minutes from me and they're quality's excellant).

Chris, you're pressure plate would have to be seriously f***ed for a paddle clutch to slip and then you'd expect very little drive. Something odd's going on...

Rob, it'll all come good in the end (honest). With any rebuild there's bound to be teething troubles. I've had quite a few pattern parts that really deserved going straight in the bin. Some of the manufacurers are really having a laugh. I now only use Genuine or Allmakes (they're about 2 minutes from me and they're quality's excellant).

I know,just a bit of a gite when you go crawling under the vehicle for a general check and find this :) :

DSCF1941.jpg

DSCF1942.jpg

there's a big chunk out of the front prop gaiter, can't explain it as it looks like it was cut by the sharpness of it :blink:

Chris,

Pressure plate actuating fork? has the pivot punched through the pivot point, or even just made it deeper than it should be?

I've had it happen.

As for Britpart parts..... hahahahahahaha! That's what you do for a joke isn't it? laugh? If Carlsberg did Land Rover part, Britpart parts wouldn't be them! (allegedly)

Chris,

Pressure plate actuating fork? has the pivot punched through the pivot point, or even just made it deeper than it should be?

I've had it happen.

As for Britpart parts..... hahahahahahaha! That's what you do for a joke isn't it? laugh? If Carlsberg did Land Rover part, Britpart parts wouldn't be them! (allegedly)

Hi Gresh

Long time no speak.

Nope it looks like the cover isnt clamping enough causeing slip!!!! Going to get another clutch kit in the morning then get it put back together.

Chris

while we're at it about new parts not working, both the prop gatters have perished and split within 180 miles, the top radiator hose is cracking, and I've seen a few other bits perishing, all BRITPARTS.

I had a brand new front prop gaiter perish in less than a year, and the vehicle was stood in my yard for all that time!

I was told modern rubber is carp because it has to be easily degraded in rubbish tips. Wasn't there talk some while back of giving tyres a finite life, whether they're worn or not?

I had a brand new front prop gaiter perish in less than a year, and the vehicle was stood in my yard for all that time!

I was told modern rubber is carp because it has to be easily degraded in rubbish tips. Wasn't there talk some while back of giving tyres a finite life, whether they're worn or not?

Makes you wonder doesn't it <_<

Guest diesel_jim

I have to add, that Bearmach stuff seems pretty good. and resonably priced too.

Even if it's genyouwhine LR stuff you can get 30% off.