fitting turbo of 300dti on a disco 200 engine for easy conversion

I need to made a conversion from 19J to 200 dti.

My garage man hi told that if i change the manifold with turbo of discovery 200dti with one turbo and manifold of 300 dti I have not problem with exaust pipe?

Someone try do do this?

kam

Steve 90 did it to his a couple of years ago , There was something on here about it , Maybee in the archives somewhere .

To be honest , the simplest thing to do is spend a few quid at Steve Parkers and get the conversion downpipe , Fits straight on an connects to the original exhaust , Saves hours of headscratching trying to weld bits of bends together ,

That would be my opinion as well.

I have done it and it is possible but the exhaust will be difficult.

On an origional 300tdi the engine sits further forward (R380 has longer bellhousing) and the engine mounts bolt to different threaded holes towards the front of the engine. You could cut the engine mounts off your chassis and weld on new ones but keeping the 200tdi turbo and making or buying and exhaust to suit is easier.

Other than that the oil pipes connect up OK and it mates to the head OK but will need longer studs as the manifold is thicker.

The problem is that the OP is in Italy.

Left hand drive trucks can not fit the Disco 200TDI with the short bellhousing gearbox..... The normal exhaust conversions will foul the steering.

post-5542-125330935237_thumb.jpg

i made my own should be possable to make one to go round the steering