temp gauge that tells the temperature?

inchman

I have a very accurate easy to read water temperature gauge. The sender fits straight inti where the existing sender was on the 300Tdi. A full face reading means that you can see the needle move half a degree as the water temperature changes.

Most people look at the gauge and say very nice until they see the price. I don't think any other gauge has a built in adjustable warnig ligh.

Here......

http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/design/productdetails/?objid=214

HTH

mike

Can also vouch for the VDO vision gauges, they are a good upgrade and the one I have will be going in my dash when I upgrade to Td5 gauges. Saves faffing with the Td5 sender wiring-through-the-speedo as well, as you can just chuck the relevant VDO sender on the end of the existing wire. They do a few types, including a 5/8 UNF for 200Tdi engines and a 1/8NPTF for 200Tdi engines.

I got a VDO gague and sender from Merlins. Worth the money, you can see the temperature rise, see the 'stat open at 92 degrees and the temperature come back down to 88 degrees.

The OE gague reads Cold, Hot, and Too hot. The parameters of each are entirely up to the driver :blink:

Generally, you know when it's cold, as it hasn't been run.

You know when it's hot, as it has been run.

You know when it's too hot when it's siezed up.

You don't need the OE gague to tell you these things.