motor controllers

alfredenewman

just trying to suck nsome brains out there. i am at the moment trying to repair a small golf buggy to give to a friends disabled brother to enable him to go off the tarmac.the buggy has had an electricl fry up , the motor is still good ive had it running both ways , the hand controll[ a varaible resistor and reverse button apear to be ok.but the motor controller made by curtis is defo us.curtis want an arm and leg for a new one and ther price makes it a no go .does any one have a 12 to 40 volt dc 110 amp or close motor contoller or any good advice cheers merrick

Have you had a look on the Curtis Instruments web site for a manual for the controller in question? It could help identify the technology used in the duff controller - most probably power MOSFETs or IGBTs driven by a pwm chip.

If replacement is too expensive, you may be able to effect a repair by a bit of detective work and cross referencing with a good parts book. Alternatively, a trawl through that well known auction site might throw up a working secondhand unit.

4QD make the best controllers in the UK. They are not too bad value either.

Now, I might just have a Pro 120 kicking around: http://www.4qd.co.uk/prod/proMk2.html Can't remember if it's 24 or 36v - but they are easy to convert.

If you are interested - make me an offer. I've kind of moved on to bigger things - 1000A at 220V

Si

• 1 month later...