my new landy

foomanchoo

Are you saying that it's not a good idea to buy a defender?????

Absolutely not.

Of all the cars I have owned in my time, none have been even remotely close to my Defender. It is quite simply the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned some good 'uns.

I have noticed though, that with Land Rover owners (especially Defenders/Series - REAL Land Rovers wink.gif ) that some people think they may like to own one, but after several months, find that it is not for them for whatever reason - running costs, lack of speed, noise etc.

If you do decide that owning a Land rover is for you, then people tend to be completely smitten by the marque and passionate about it.

With this passion comes the inate ability to spend more than you earn on modifying, maintaining & using the vehicle.

Good to see you on here mate and congratulations on your Landy!

Steve aka foomanchoo, is my neighbour and very good friend, and the guy who pulled me out with the tractor last time I got stuck (but that was his fault anyway as he suggested driving "through that wet boggy bit...")

Here is a picture of it as listed on the dealers site:

post-4939-125521503349_thumb.jpg

I will get out with the camera tomorrow and take a stack more pictures. I would have liked to have done it before he started modding it but he has was working on it within an hour of getting it home (good man).