Springs or Leaf

mog

Hi guys

Need some help i currently own a series 2A which is in bits and a 200tdi disco which sits on a 4" lift with +5" shocks.do i sell the disco or use it as a donor.if i use it as a donor how far would you go.

1 : do i strip it down and swap things to my series and keep leafs.

2 : do i chop it down to 88" keeping the coils fit series out riggers and cross member.(and hope mot station do not spot that it is no longer a 1968)

Thanks Mog

Hi guys

Need some help i currently own a series 2A which is in bits and a 200tdi disco which sits on a 4" lift with +5" shocks.do i sell the disco or use it as a donor.if i use it as a donor how far would you go.

2 : do i chop it down to 88" keeping the coils fit series out riggers and cross member.(and hope mot station do not spot that it is no longer a 1968)

Thanks Mog

Simple:

Sell the disco, get a new, as original chassis, from one of the experts, restore the 2a to factory condition, sell it and buy a 90.

G.

Hoping the MOT/VOSA/Police don't spot it is just living on borrowed time.

There is no point coiling a Series these days when coilers are no more money.

Series are appreciateing in value - esp when not mucked about with, so doesn't make sense anymore.

If you want a coilsprung seriesalike then just buy a 90.

G.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Thanks Mog

I hope you're not serious about option 2, asking us to endorse a criminal act.

If the Discovery is rotten, then you could use it either to fund the 88 or as a donor for it. Breaking a rotten Discovery usually earns far more money than selling it complete.

Be warned that any Series vehicle on coil springs loses all its chassis, suspension and axle identity points. This would leave you with a maximum of five points, assuming you rtained the original engine, transmission and steering, which is most unusual in these sorts of vehicles. If you fit coil springs, you need an SVA test, Vehicle Identity check and a Q-plate. It's much easier to use parabolic springs, which give ample articulation and comfort and don't affect the vehicle's identity or need complex alterations to fit, just new gas dampers, new U-bolts and, ideally, longer brake hoses.

• 2 weeks later...