Webber or su

terratology

think you are better with the su carb as the webbers are rubbish and the ( copied ) zeniths are not much better think the ones power plus do are 1.1/4" and think you can do more with an su carb even fit bigger su carbs such as rover v8 ones or jag ones for even more power.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco 1 300 tdi.

The SU is the most effective carb ever designed, once set up right, the design is pure genius.

I'd worry, however, about how good it would be off road if you are doing serious inclines etc.

Stick it on and see!

G.

I test fitted a su to my lwt last weekend (a HIF6 from an austin princess)

My weber suffered from alot of stutter when the engine was cold, and always froze up.

The SU doesnt seem to have any of this, and the engine runs and picks up very smoothly.

I would highly recommend. I need to get hold of an airfilter that will clear the wing before i can propally install it.

does anyone know if you can still get those power plus kits for series landys and how much my mate has got a nacked zenith ( copy ) and it is only 12 months old and the webbers are useless so rather than waste money on buying a replacement carb i.e. webber / zenith he was thinking of fitting a power plus kit instead. the last time i saw them advertised they where around £100 but that was years ago.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco 1 300 tdi.

yeh i found that after i last posted quite supprised as it wasn't that long ago they where selling them at £100 maybe £125 defo not £150 but now going for £500 think we will have to experiment with other carbs cos we are sick to the back teeth with messing with webber / zenith carbs.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco 1 300 tdi.