KING OF THE TRAY BACKS TROPHY '2010'

Mr Nick

Mr HT you do make me chuckle, just get it taxed and MOTed. you've got till the middle of next year to save up :)

Well people as its not all my decision on the rules and regs for this Event we will just have to see whats what. But i am pleased with the interest overall and constructive criticism. We know we wont please everyone and that will be your choice to enter or not. But we will make sure its fair and a top event for 2010 with good trophies and prizes for both classes. And again you never know if you do well as an O.B Vehicle you might walk away with two trophies :P to tray back runners :D

What has been decided ! This will be a team event of two vehicles per team.

Teams must be of the same class.

No team can team up with anyone else's team.

you must start as a team and finish in the same team, no swopping about and no single vehicle finishers, i.e if your team mates out for good, so are you. That will make you look after one and other.

Cheers

Nick

Mr HT you do make me chuckle, just get it taxed and MOTed. you've got till the middle of next year to save up :)

You say that but to tax and test I also have to insure thats about 50 to get it through the test 200 to tax and if i'm lucky 200 to insure so thats 450 quid I have to find from no where. plus event cost plus deisel for all that I can buy a second hand trailer and tow it to all the events. Before you start I have a sufficient tow vehicle as a family car.I wouldn't even consider driving to an event nowadays as the state of 90 percent of the trucks that come out are not road legal and i'm sure plod on a 100 to 150 mile journy home would have something to say about that.

So unless you think and discuss your ruling I wont be there and niether will some people that I can also think of

At our events we call it taxable and testable for that exact reason.

I think the testable bit is probably more important than the taxable bit. Taxable just means 'has an MOT and is insured' after all.

I would think it more logical to have a requirement for vehicles to have a valid MOT cert, that satisfys the (I presume) intended purpose of a basic safety check. If people want to drive to and from the even then they will go for the extra items too. If not then it's not hard (or expensive) to get a vehicle an MOT...unless it is badly maintained and would therefore fail.

I think the testable bit is probably more important than the taxable bit. Taxable just means 'has an MOT and is insured' after all.

I would think it more logical to have a requirement for vehicles to have a valid MOT cert, that satisfys the (I presume) intended purpose of a basic safety check. If people want to drive to and from the even then they will go for the extra items too. If not then it's not hard (or expensive) to get a vehicle an MOT...unless it is badly maintained and would therefore fail.

I agree. the only reson we don't make it mandatory at our events is so that you don't have to buy stupid things like light lens's because I know whith out even trying ( and I really don't try to break them) most of mine will be broken by the end of an event.

what we look for is the security of body, no pointed bits, big on seat belt mounts, and things being attached properly. it doesn't take a scrutineer very long and they know which trucks they should be looking at before they even start lol.

Can a date be announced ASAP?

So I can book leave from work as getting time off isn't as easy as it once was.

I think Taxed/tested is a good Idea personally that way things that are bespoke built off road vehicles with no lights/windows do not get a huge advantage.

there are plenty of vehicles with T&T

Sounds like a good idea. But I think you are overrating the advantage of a tray back. Yes it's fashionable, but good driving skills and team work (driver/nav) are far more important. If my motor is finished by then I would consider entering if it is in north wales, but don't think that the class system is that well thought out. Suggest a tyre size/locker/number winches style class system.

Adrian

I don't think the tray/non tray class system is indicating an advantages, just a way of dividing in to some sub groups.

From reading the thread it seems there will be 3 classes.

Tray Back (class 1)

Non Tray back (class 1)

Non Tray back (class 2)

Will there be Tray back class 2? (just to complete the set)

Would the Non Tray back class 2 take the prises of Non Tray back class1 and Tray back class 1 if they beat them overall? (so 3 prises up for grabs for the non tray back class 2)

Also is the team scoring done on the total of both individual scores or does both the vehicles have to punch the their cards for it to count (if only one vehicle makes it then it does not count)?

If it's the second scoring method then you could have some fun tag team special stages.

I also think that for a two vehicle event to work each team can only tackle one punch at a time, otherwise the most efficient method (for class 1 vehicles at least) is for each team member to go their own way to get punches.

And even with the both vehicles having to get a punch to count method, all they need to do is coordinate which punches they do, so not much of a "team event".

i have been competing for a few years now and used to try and keep it road legal, mainly so we could use it on the road when needed but it just seem to cost so much to keep it legal when we never needed to go anywhere near a road when at an event.With the cost of diesel and divorce it seemed an unecesary expense. i agree with the safety checks that scrutineers do but who needs lights /indicators etc. Its a shame that a lot of events require rtv as money is very tight but am addicted to challenges!

Now then Sites ! After having a Team Xtremelandy meeting tonight. We would really like to hold this event at Coney Green Farm ! The reason is its local to us, we know it like the back of our hands, all the Team would commit to setting up and Marshalling, its central England, easy to get to, Big Camping area, good local hotels and services, and the land owner is quite up for us bringing in a Digger or two :blink:

And after the Tail End Challenge's there, we know we could make it very interesting for everyone.

So thats the Site.

We are putting together the SR's and will have them together very soon for everyone to see. These maybe subject to change depending on any new MSA rules for next year.

Back Soon :)

Nick

Now then Sites ! After having a Team Xtremelandy meeting tonight. We would really like to hold this event at Coney Green Farm ! The reason is its local to us, we know it like the back of our hands, all the Team would commit to setting up and Marshalling, its central England, easy to get to, Big Camping area, good local hotels and services, and the land owner is quite up for us bringing in a Digger or two :blink:

And after the Tail End Challenge's there, we know we could make it very interesting for everyone.

So thats the Site.

We are putting together the SR's and will have them together very soon for everyone to see. These maybe subject to change depending on any new MSA rules for next year.

Back Soon :)

Nick

Sorry Nick, i dont think the site is ''all that'' for a ''full-on'' event! so i'm out!!

You can count me in Mr Nick just have to find a culprit to team up with, when do you think you will be firming up the dates?

Have done 2 events at Coney Green farm now both run by xtremelandy and they were fantastic, well organised and also very good socially, I would challenge anyone who says that the sites not suitable for this type of event if its set out with a bit of imagination (and a digger :D:D:D ) it will be raw the lads at xtremelandy have been doing this for years.

It seems predictable that everyone with a trayback says that it makes no advantage at all :rolleyes::rolleyes: or is it just that since they fit the traybacks that the didnt get any better :lol::lol: , in my opinion the lads with traybacks have a very agresive driving style knowing that very little damage can take place and do seem to complete tight stages and punches quicker than us standard bodied trucks.

Cant see a problem with traybacks against tubs, the end results will certainly put an end to the theorys ;)

You can count me in Mr Nick just have to find a culprit to team up with, when do you think you will be firming up the dates?

Have done 2 events at Coney Green farm now both run by xtremelandy and they were fantastic, well organised and also very good socially, I would challenge anyone who says that the sites not suitable for this type of event if its set out with a bit of imagination (and a digger :D:D:D ) it will be raw the lads at xtremelandy have been doing this for years.

It seems predictable that everyone with a trayback says that it makes no advantage at all :rolleyes::rolleyes: or is it just that since they fit the traybacks that the didnt get any better :lol::lol: , in my opinion the lads with traybacks have a very agresive driving style knowing that very little damage can take place and do seem to complete tight stages and punches quicker than us standard bodied trucks.

Cant see a problem with traybacks against tubs, the end results will certainly put an end to the theorys ;)

i'd be stupid enough to team up with you chris seen as both of our 90s seem to have abit removed from the back end :lol:

ill also second to your view about coyney green too, ive been there twice now, and the venue is more than enough to cater for alot of competitors,

its how its set-up/run that counts more so than the sight imo

dan

i'd be stupid enough to team up with you chris seen as both of our 90s seem to have abit removed from the back end :lol:

ill also second to your view about coyney green too, ive been there twice now, and the venue is more than enough to cater for alot of competitors,

its how its set-up/run that counts more so than the sight imo

dan

You might have a deal there Dan but you need to loose a bit of that prop/auto box eating TD5 power though :P:P

Dates confirmed for the challenge are saturday 15th and sunday 16th may 2010

at coney green farm stourport on severn SRs to follow site will be open on friday from 1200 hrs to 1800 hrs for team scrutineering

im sure mr nick will post when he returns from the challanger event on sunday evening