Milemarker Freespool Air Rams

zim

Well Mr Saley has just dropped off some air rams :) Thank you :)

Just a quick test in the workshop, to see how they would work without having to use 2 lever valves per winch (i.e. one for high & one for low)

Here is a video, using a pair of johns air rams. The 2 in the video are for switching the Low gear, a different one, but very similar is needed for the High gear (but the way they work is the same), i need to get some ;).

I've made it so that you can use just one lever valve to operate all 3 functions - High Gear / Free / Low gear.

And this is my dog clutch air ram :

8330_171878134881_667984881_3649704_6497108_n.jpg

.......now all i need to do is swap the milemarkers for some of his winches :ph34r:

Gordon

this looks good any info on part nos for air rams ect as im just trying to do the same to my milemarker

Well Mr Saley has just dropped off some air rams :) Thank you :)

Just a quick test in the workshop, to see how they would work without having to use 2 lever valves per winch (i.e. one for high & one for low)

Here is a video, using a pair of johns air rams. The 2 in the video are for switching the Low gear, a different one, but very similar is needed for the High gear (but the way they work is the same), i need to get some ;).

I've made it so that you can use just one lever valve to operate all 3 functions - High Gear / Free / Low gear.

And this is my dog clutch air ram :

Hi this looks good..can you give any part no's for air rams ect as im trying to do just the same to my milemarker cheers Jon

8330_171878134881_667984881_3649704_6497108_n.jpg

.......now all i need to do is swap the milemarkers for some of his winches :ph34r:

Gordon

A few small changes made since the video to keep it all together :)

n.b. the high gear ram, is something i've come up with and you need parts machined to get it to work etc.

Just a question, in the vid i can see you have drilled out the plunger to take a nut/bolt, have you got enough clearance for shaft to fit into it,

Carl.

Carl,

I've machined a new plunger which is slightly different to how it came from factory. I've tapped it to bolt onto the ram, and then got a half nut to act as a lock nut to stop it coming off. What i still need to do is drill a couple holes (so i can use circlip pliers sorta thing) on the inside of the plunger so that i can hold it to tighten it up onto the ram. The end of the ram i've slotted so i can hold that still.

With regards to price - erm...

If you don't wish to have to fanny about machining etc, then get 2 x saley rams

2 x pilot / spring 5/2 valves - i got lucky and got a few quite cheap, not 100% sure on price - £30+ ?

1 x toggle 5/3 lever/lever/lever valve - £60+

An assortment of fittings, mine are all 1/8th bsp except for the pilot ports which are M4.

Depending where you go, fittings are 50p - £2 each.

4mm pipe isn't much

I've now got a 4mm manifold with 8 ports on it, so i can run both winches and both my arb's using toggle switches :ph34r:

Gordon