fiddle brakes

bango690

why bother with fiddle brakes when there are the likes of locking diffs or lsd's out there?

Fiddle brakes allow you to do things that lockers do not. The ability to use them as a pseudo-locker is trivial compared to what they can achieve in their own right.

Si

Fiddle brakes allow you to do things that lockers do not. The ability to use them as a pseudo-locker is trivial compared to what they can achieve in their own right.

Si

Like what?

I see the reasoning behind it if it is a "class" thing

I compete against a few lads with fiddle brakes and really dont see that much better. having to think which wheel is going to be loosing traction while concentrating on the course ahead while looking where your going and thats before you get to the obstacle... and this is all on a sunday morning.... thats got to hurt then brain...

It helps the turning..... a LOT, much more relevant to turning circle than as a traction aid.

even more so than out of diff lock on hand break on! LOL I do not recomend this AT ALL. I was in a section that the turn to the next gate was SJ friendly only, so had this gunning plan, single figure speed out of diff lock hand brake on and made the turn... i think FLUKE came to mind. As I have already said this is not recoomened at all and really should be never done, especial at high speeds.

Think about it like this,

A diff lock will enhance driving in a straight line, and in fact will restrict your ability to turn.

Fiddle brakes enhance your ability to steer.

They both act as traction assistance devices, but in opposite situations. The ideal would be to have both.

Si

Think about it like this,

A diff lock will enhance driving in a straight line, and in fact will restrict your ability to turn.

Fiddle brakes enhance your ability to steer.

They both act as traction assistance devices, but in opposite situations. The ideal would be to have both.

Si

:i-m_so_happy: