Locking out a brake caliper

ajh

A recent caliper failure has me thinking that the same thing happening in a

remote location would likely end up in getting

stranded.

I am looking for suggestions on a way to be able to lock out a failed brake line so

the other 3 keep working. My failure was on a d2 so resulted in total brake loss.

I suppose the cheapest and smallest way would be to

just carry a banjo bolt bolt with no fluid passage.

I've been wondering about the possibilty of installing a needle valve in the circuit, primarily so that i could isolate the four corners when it comes to brake work involving removal of pipes. As i now have stainless braided hoses, i cant clamp them off anymore.

If it is a failed calliper, you can remove the brake line, put a small ball bearing into the hole and screw the brake line back in as far as you can. This will seal the line so at least the other corners should still work. Wouldn't recommend it on the front though! Could result is some interesting changes of direction under breaking!

For the rear get some spare bleed nipples and remove the brake line to the caliper replace with bleed nipple.

Or if you can not find a ball bearing a blob of solder sorted Charles and I out on a winch challenge, dropped in the caliper and the pipe screwed back in.