External Mirror Removal

Hello,

I need to remove the entire driver side (in UK terms) of the external mirror of my Defender 110 (2000). I see two screws (Allen screws?)that hold the entire mirror black plastic frame to the door hinge but I cannot access the screws.

Is there any previous thread with (better) or without pictures on how to undo the mirror structure and remove it all?

Been searching and couldnĀ“t find any.

Sorry for the silly question since it seems like a simple DIY job but I've looked at it and it does not seem to be so straightforward so it may be better to ask before damaging anything.

Thanks in advance.

Santiago

Or if you mean how to remove the whole mirror assembly, you need to remove the door half of your door hinge. Easy if your screws aren't seized.

You will need access to top bolts and nuts on door hinge. No door cards on my ex-mil, not sure on civvy.

Open the window on door. Close the door firmly (to stop door dropping). undo the bolts holding the back of the nut with spanner and fold top hinge forward. Use pozi screwdriver to unscrew mirror arm from door hinge.

Pete

1. lower the window

2. remove the door card

3. slightly loosen the two nuts from the inside rather than attempting the allen on the outside

4. close the door (important) you don't want the door getting out of alignment

5. loosen the bolts from the outside

6. remove the nuts from the inside. yes, that's why you lower the windows

7. remove the 2 bolts

8. now you just flip the hinge forward

9. you can loosen / tigten / remove the entire arm assambly