Disco 2

rocky

Hi, could someone please enlighten me on what the different specs are on the td5 disco 2. I have been told that the basic one has springs instead of airbags and no ace pipes. I would just like to know which version has what.

Regards, rocky

I know for definite that base models with 5 seats have Coil springs on the rear and none of the hardware installed. I believe that all of the electricals are there, but none of the springs, pipes, compressor etc...

I think the air suspension is only applicable to 7 seat models accross the range, but am willing to be corrected on that...

I think the air suspension is only applicable to 7 seat models accross the range, but am willing to be corrected on that...

My 2001 ES TD5 Auto is a 5-seater (from new I believe) and has SLS and ACE. But I did have to try very hard to find one.....

Once again, thanks for the replies, when my disco finally coughs out, i'll start looking for another one. I'm hoping to get the winter out it 'cause the salt on the roads up here is phenominal, they were salting the roads last week in the rain!!

I've been looking at a company near Brum that re-furbishes defenders--new galanised chassis and bulkhead, maybe that is the way to go--trouble is the disco's are comfortable and civilised.

Regards, rocky.

Once again, thanks for the replies, when my disco finally coughs out, i'll start looking for another one. I'm hoping to get the winter out it 'cause the salt on the roads up here is phenominal, they were salting the roads last week in the rain!!

I've been looking at a company near Brum that re-furbishes defenders--new galanised chassis and bulkhead, maybe that is the way to go--trouble is the disco's are comfortable and civilised.

Regards, rocky.

ACE was standard on the ES Premium model it was the only disco 2 to have both air suspension and ACE fitted as standard

I bought mine new in 2002 - now 158000 miles.

At that time, the specs were:

S - no climate control, no sunroof, no ACE

GS 5-Seat - coil sprung, ACE, sunroofs, climate control

GS 7 Seat - Air sprung, NO ACE

Mine's GS 5-seat (coil sprung). It's my favourite spec, as it's got "enough" goodies, but no airbags to fail! I have now removed my ACE following a few issues, latest of which was pipework corrosion... ACE doesn;t do much on coil-sprung models, but it's more of a requirement on airbag models...

Hi there,

We've also got a 2001 plate 7 seat S model, doesn;t have much in the way of options, but did until last month have rear air suspension. This failed in spectacular style and owing to an equally relaible fuse box resulted in a small electrical fire underneath the car on the M4.

It now has rear coils, full convesion and repairs to the other affected areas cost under £400 and was the best decision we ever made - ride is smoother, she tows smoother, and as we don;t actually use the back two seats I'm not bothered. Did however go for slightly uprated coils to take account of a horse trailer being permenantly on the back of her.

GD