tapered winch bumper

finished a tapered winch bumper for my 90 this weekend - a mixture of home made and with parts sourced from sodbury. Very cheap - I am rather pleased! Cheers to Sam for welding it up.

approach angle is much better now - just gotta work out where to put me no. plate - a sticky one will do until mot time i spose!

davidlandy97623_465.jpg

Doesn't it make a bit of a mess cutting grass with a welder? :blink::lol:

just out of interest what parts did you "source"...?

when mine eventually gets done I am torn between taking off the existing mount and basing the new bumper around that (which will save work but mean that I am winchless for a while) or starting from scratch which will be more work, take longer but mean that I can keep the winch on the vehicle right up until it's time to swap (or more likely find out none of the bolt holes line up, with my skill :blink: )

the bumper itself came from southdown - came in kit form all cut but not welded. the only two items bent were the bumper itself (excluding the tapers) and winch tray main piece) total cost was £100.

you can put the winch tray wherever you like as you can with the recovery eyes and bunmper to chassis mounts so you can tailor it around to suit your motor. then give a lick of paint. it took about 4-5 hrs or so to get how i wanted it.

I was gonna exaggerate the taper on the bumper so that I could provide a ridge for the winch cable to run in so I could winch from the side - but I bottled out!