TD5 COLORS

Can anyone help me with the orriginal colorcode of my defender 90 td5 from 2000.

Chassis nr:

It's a metallic(micatallic)paint verry close to the color"chawton white"maby a little

bit darker.

There's no number in the plate on the brake servo.By the way is there another place

on the vehicle where I can find the color code?

I have surched on the internet and have practicaly every name and code from L.R. but

wich one is it?

Many greetings from Gent Belgium Martin.

They never did a metallic white so it is either white or metallic "something" but not both. I have no idea what Glacier White was used on - maybe Range Rover - not one I have ever heard of.

White on a Defender would have been Chawton White at around that age but it's a solid colour albeit a COB (lacquered) colour so could be mistaken for metallic.

Got a photo? If it's white-ish and something else it isn't a factory colour unless it was an odd Special Vehicles paint job.

Hallo everybody

Some more information about the paint on my defender:

Indeed it is a colour very close to"chawton white",personaly I think that the name"white"is not a good choise,

it is more "beige" than white.It is not a solid paint because it has a special metallic like aspect.

It is the orriginal colour because on the interior and exterior I found the same colour and also there is a layer of

clear lacquer on top of the color layer.

On a german forum I found that the micatallic paint that was used by L.R.gives a special look because the paint

was made not by adding metallic parts but by adding mica like partikels so that the result gives a pearlisch effect.

Source:Black Landy forum Germany.

Unfortunately my digital camera is broken but I ask my son to take some pictures next week and I will try to put

them on the forum.

An other and simpel solution is to go to a paint shop with the car so that they can make the paint on sight but

then I will never know the right name and number of the paint that L.R. used in the year 2000.

Once again I have to thank you for your help,I wish you a very good night and dont dream about micatallics !!

Many greetings from: Gent Belgium Martin.

An other and simpel solution is to go to a paint shop with the car so that they can make the paint on sigh

probably the best move, sounds like it's a one off paint from another vehicle maker, not a LR genuine paint finish, unless it was to special order.

Sounds a bit like White Gold from the description, but that was never available on Defenders except if you paid a mortgage to SV for a custom paint job. Might it have been resprayed? The only really light metallic colours on Defenders are the various shades of metallic silver.

post-12365-12577629185_thumb.jpgpost-12365-125776286442_thumb.jpgpost-12365-125776295139_thumb.jpg

Can anyone help me with the orriginal colorcode of my defender 90 td5 from 2000.

Chassis nr:

It's a metallic(micatallic)paint verry close to the color"chawton white"maby a little

bit darker.

There's no number in the plate on the brake servo.By the way is there another place

on the vehicle where I can find the color code?

I have surched on the internet and have practicaly every name and code from L.R. but

wich one is it?

Many greetings from Gent Belgium Martin.

Good evening CIPX2

That's fantastic news,finally the exact color name by the vin nr.

I have seen that the color is listed on Land Rover Metallic Paint Codes and that the full

name is:"Blenheim Silver Met 2ct LRC-642 MAL".I suppose that the indication "2ct" stands

for " 2 coats" am I correct? But what with "MAL" do you know what that says about the paint?

Anyway I am a happy man,first of all because of the ninety and secondly because of you guys

and this fantastic forum.

The TD5 color problem is solved,tomorrow up to the paint shop.

Good evening everyone,enjoy your land rovers.

De Smet Martin Gent Belgium.

• 5 years later...