Service : Engel Rubbish , ARB unbeliveable

reads90

The other week my engel stopped working , When not in my car it is used at a beer fridge near the pool , so needed to get it fixed

Well i found the engel official place on the Brisbane Southside and sent my 3 year 8 month old engel , which had stopped working, in to be looked at .

I paid my $55 inspection fee and then waited. A week later they phoned me to tell me that the Compressor had gone and a new temp gauge was needed too. And the cost would be nearly $700. Well after i picked myself off the floor. The chap said that i should scrap it if i was not happy with that price and they would give me $45 for the fridge for scrap. I did tell them i would rather throw it in the sea than sell it to them for $45.

I then spoke to Engel as i was not happy. Who did not want to know and told me Oh Well this happens and that is how much it will cost to fix . I was very annoyed by this point as i thought these things were supposed to last for years and are almost Heirlooms .

As my wife is about to drop Kid number 2 anyday the thought of spending $700 on a fridge was pretty much a no go

As i have said i have a 40Ltr engel but it is in fact an ARB badged engel , so i thought i would go and see the arb shop i bought it from and ask them if there was anything they could do for me . I was hoping a bit of a donation towards getting it Fixed. So off i went to the ARB at Nudgee in Brisbane. Got there and spoke to Alan and told him the state of my engel. At which point before i got to the end he said Yeah you expect something you paid $1100 to last more than 3 year 8 months so bring it in and we will fix it for you no problem and no charge. So all i had to do was find the recipt. mmm this was tricky as i have moved a couple of times since and could not find it . But luckly i have the Old Man Emu welcome letter and my Old Man Emu service record wallet and Check history, which is all done for the 3 year warrenty . This was good enough for them

Well about a week and half ago i dropped it of at ARB Nudgee and got a call today from Alan to say come and pick it up it is fixed, New compressor and new temp gauge and all is working fine .

Well I can't believe the service i have got from ARB ,

Thought i would share this with you all as we are all guilty of slagging of companies for bad stuff so should congratulate a company when they do great stuff for us

I'm quite surprised you got it back from the first 'Service' agent; with a starter like that anything else has to be a positive.

I wonder if ARB absorbed the cost (and how much did it cost them), or if they hit Engel for cost of the repair.

"Thought i would share this with you all as we are all guilty of slagging of companies for bad stuff so should congratulate a company when they do great stuff for us"

In that context:

On a similar line (but a lot less money) I've just had my LED AA Maglite 'repaired' for the second time.

The first time they replaced the body (with the light source).

This time they sent me a complete unit, with batteries and holster, just like you'd buy new in a shop.

This unit has some extra modes that the original didn't have:

As well as 100% it has 25%(which is actually OK if you are working close to, like reading a book in a tent, where 100% would blind you).

A fast flash.

A '3 short, 3 long, 3 short' SOS flash mode.

I'm not sure I really need the extras, but as the 100% is brighter than the original, and the other modes don't 'get in the way' of normal use, I'm quite happy.

All for free, of course, with the Lifetime Warranty.

Regards.

PS.

Best wishes for the safe arrival of a maintenance crew to go with the Winch Bitch (in training).

I too can report good service from the UK Maglite distributors. My local Millets gave me the contact details for them.

Mine was only a keyring model, but they still have the lifetime guarantee covering them. It had got to the point that even with a new bulb and battery it still only gave a dim glimmer, next to useless.

I phoned the distributors and told them all this, and that it was at least 5 years old, and that it had been a gift, (no receipt). 'No problem Sir, we'll send you a replacement' or something like that. No questions at all, didn't want to see mine, just straight forward replacement!

Don't often come across this sort of service, a pleasant change. :)