Wheel sizes

StevenT

I currently have a Diso 2 with 18" road tyres, I am considering putting some 16" wheels for off road or for winter / snow tyres.

I am lead to believe this is a reasonable option to avoid a lift, but will I notice any appreciable change in performance or anything else?

Steve

Yes - a better ride and less tramlining :)

Wow thanks for the quick reply, after posting this I found the Disco2 website with the tre size calculator which has stopped me panicking about y recent ebay 'win' of five 16rims and tyres.

Thanks again Bogmonster, ahh yes the tramlining, at fist I thought it was a fault when I bought my Disco I wont miss that if it does help.

I currently have a Diso 2 with 18" road tyres, I am considering putting some 16" wheels for off road or for winter / snow tyres.

I am lead to believe this is a reasonable option to avoid a lift, but will I notice any appreciable change in performance or anything else?

Steve

I have some 16" rims (with tyres) for sale on this very forum - open to offers!

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=48505

I have done the same on out "other" car - bought some 2nd hand wheels and fitted Vredestein WINTRAC tyres for winter - keep my nice alloys & soft rubber for summer...

255/70R16 will fit ok, that's what I have on mine. So will 245/75R16.

Larger ones will fit but you get into having to mod the front bumper a little for clearance, or lift the suspension, and the bigger sizes won't go on the standard rear door wheelcarrier either.