P38 Lockdown & electric windows

Cynic-al

A friends P38 went into lockdown, ie RCL wouldn't work, electric windows wouldn't work and the car wouldn't start. He got the code from the local land rover dealer which he put in via the key in the door lock, the car now runs and the key fob works again but the windows don't. Any ideas?

HAs he set the windows and sunroof? If not there should be messages in the

display saying RHF, RHR, LHF, LHR, Sunrrof not set.

Open and close fully all windows and sunroof(one at a time) holding the

button down for 3 sec when fully open before closing.

Once they are all set, normal operation should resume.

Ever thought of reading the user manual? :rolleyes:

i would have the becm fault read you will proberly find that it is the first failings of the becm or a door loom.

as for the shut down in locking the fault will be the alarm reciver there is a modified unit available from land rover.

if you cannot resync the remote then it is a becm issue

as for the shut down in locking the fault will be the alarm reciver there is a modified unit available from land rover.

if you cannot resync the remote then it is a becm issue

Slight thread highjack - do you have any more information on this (part no. etc.)? Asked Stratstone LR in Solihull about this after mine was recovered there from outside a hospital and they didn't know anything about it. I don't think they see many N reg Range Rovers...

Slight thread highjack - do you have any more information on this (part no. etc.)? Asked Stratstone LR in Solihull about this after mine was recovered there from outside a hospital and they didn't know anything about it. I don't think they see many N reg Range Rovers...

YWY500170 (433MHz)

There is a Technical Bulletin which covers this, but I don't recall the number.

Edit to say

It is NOT Bulletin 0063, dated 13/11/02, titled 'Battery goes flat overnight', as this relates to an earlier version of the receiver.

Parts numbered ASR1953 and YWY500010 are obsolete.

HTH

Note that I'm only supplying the number, no-one should assume I agree or disagree with the suggestion that this part will 'cure' the problem described.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, his current thought is that the window switch panel has failed, he thinks this caused the lock down. Someone is lending him one to try, will let you know.

Just for info there are the range rover recalls here http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/recalls.jsp?modelID=A0&modelName=Range+Rover&makeName=Land+Rover++++++++++++++++++&makeId=C3