Fitting seat re-trim kits

Reiny

I did mine a while back, the first one will be a bit of a learning curve.

Depends how you do it. The seat bases are pretty easy, I did both of these first to get to grips with things.

Next I then did the seat backs.

The hardest part I found was pulling the back done while turning the clip in. (You'll find out what I mean) All that is really needed however is an extra pair of strong hands.

Moan about britpart we all do but they do a dvd that comes with their seats and its reasonably helpfull.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips. The ones I'm getting are Britpart and I have been told that the DVD does help matters somewhat. An extra pair of hands are available too. They're not very strong though. Will make do with whatever's available.

When you have the complete seats out this is a good time to hoover and clean the area behind the bulkhead it you have one and to get at all the crud on the seat box!

When you have the seats apart, if you have the time I also found it worth while giving any visible bits of the frame and base a blast with some black spray paint.

Just depends how nice of a job you want.

I've taken note of all of that. There isn't much dirt behind the seats but a layer of dust is always present and i want it out of there. As for cold temperatures, typical daytime temperature at the moment here is approx 19 degrees centigrade. Eat your heart out you Brits :lol: