300tdi chassis bracket jig

Tractorboy16

Hi,

currently putting a 300tdi into my range chassis, has anyone got one of the jigs that are about to make sure you weld engine brackets in the correct place.

Like this one here

My link

save a few penies if i could borrow one for a week or two.

James

I didnt even know such thing existed. I would just put the engine in place with mounts, tack the mounts on, remove the engine again and weld properly.

Yep, what Daan said - it's dead easy if the gearbox and transferbox is in place! Use something (jack, stand or something similar) to hold the front of the gearbox in position then swing the engine in, bolt it up to the gearbox, bolt on the engine mounts, recheck all your measurements and adjust to suit, tack the mounts in multiple positions so the distortion will be minimal when you finish the welding, remove engine and then finish the welding. Simples :)

If you are going to mock it up, then remove for the welding. Leave the clutch & flywheel off the back of the engine so that the alignment & bolting op is straightforward. :)

Caviat: Remember to bolt them back on afterwards before attempting a test drive :rolleyes: